APPLICATION TO BODY
See below for instructions
Tips For A Secure Seal
The wafer/flange is the means by which the collection system is attached to the body. The Flow-Thru Pouch has a hydrocolloid adhesive that makes our wafer hypoallergenic, designed to form a solid bond that will not leak fluids or odor. The Flow-Thru Pouch also has built-in convexity, which helps create a secure seal. Careful preparation and properly affixing the wafer will assure a successful seal.
The steps required to properly apply the wafer are as follows:
- The first step is to clean your hands before coming in contact with the Stoma area
- There are a number of products available to condition the skin to better accept the collection system. 3 M Cavilon NonSting Barrier works well to keep the skin protected.
- If there is body hair present, it must be shaved to permit good adhesion to the system.
- Once shaved, Williams Lectric Shave (available at most pharmacies, department stores or supermarkets) will remove any adhesive residue left and clean the area to accept the wafer. Drying the area well after using Williams Lectric Shave provides a clean dry surface for attachment of the wafer.
- Medicated powder dusted on irritated skin and coated with a barrier film can help rashes that develop.
- The wafer should be warmed to body temperature to achieve maximum adherence. Using a hair dryer works well.
- Remove the backing from the adhesive side and carefully affix the wafer to the abdomen - insuring a good seal around the Stoma.
Installation instructions for the Power Sprayer (onto a toilet):
- Turn off water to the toilet and flush to empty the water closet.
- Remove the flexible water feeder hose from the base of the water closet (have a pan or towel to catch extra water remaining). If there is a fixed feeder pipe, remove it and replace it with a flexible hose.
- Attach the Power Sprayer shut-off valve to the base of the water closet and secure firmly. Attach the toilet inlet water feeder hose to the base of the shut-off valve. Attach the water feed stainless hose to the opening on the shut-off-valve and check all connections to insure that they are tight and will not leak.
- Attach the other end of the stainless hose to the Power Spray Wand and secure.
- Find a convenient wall to attach the wand holder and secure with screws and dry-wall inserts provided.
NOTE: TURN THE SHUT-OFF-VALVE OFF AFTER EACH USE TO AVOID ANY RUPTURE THAT WILL CAUSE WATER DAMAGE TO YOUR HOME